This is Venice
Wow, I took so many pictures in a short 1.5 day visit that I don't even know where to start. Venezia was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. The weather was absolutely wonderful despite the cool temperature. It was sunny with blue skies, probably the best weather I've seen since I arrived in Italy 6 weeks ago. I loved wandering around around this city where no cars or even motorbikes are allowed. It's amazing what a huge difference to the air and noise pollution that makes. The only forms of transport is via the canal pathways, on a water bus, water taxi or gondola. 
Piazza San Marco, where people and pigeons crowd. At the end of the piazza is the Basilica di San Marco. This church is covered inside and out with intricate gold and marble mosaics.
The gondolas are still alive, thanks to the hordes of tourists. I've yet to meet a real Italian who has actually been on a gondola ride. It is fun to watch the gondoliers at work. It's all man-powered. They actually have to paddle and steer the boat.

Piazza San Marco, where people and pigeons crowd. At the end of the piazza is the Basilica di San Marco. This church is covered inside and out with intricate gold and marble mosaics.
The gondolas are still alive, thanks to the hordes of tourists. I've yet to meet a real Italian who has actually been on a gondola ride. It is fun to watch the gondoliers at work. It's all man-powered. They actually have to paddle and steer the boat.
2 Comments:
Hey it looks just like that hotel in Vegas! (j/k) It looks awesome, like a real gem even with the crowds of turisticos. I like that picture with the fat pigeon flying near the building--is that the Basilica de San Marco? And how do the locals get around town...a piedi?
I see no fat pigeon??!! yl, which pic?
yf
Post a Comment
<< Home