Saturday, November 26, 2005

Venezia: View from the Campanile (Bell Tower)

I paid my 6 euro to go to the top of this 96m brick bell tower on the corner of Piazza San Marco, and was rewarded with absolutely breathtaking views of the city. And to complete the whole bell tower experience, the bells started to ring. It was pretty awesome to see and hear the six huge bells swinging away.

4 Comments:

At Tue Nov 29, 01:24:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pictures are very evocative. I can almost hear the loud clanging of the bells drowning out all conversation (if you're standing directly beneath) and the fluttering wings of the pigeons as they circle the piazza...wait I think I am thinking of one of those cheesy diamond commercials where the guy proposes in some european square--know which one I'm talking about? Anyway, that's what the pictures remind me of.

 
At Tue Nov 29, 01:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops sorry, that was my comment--don't know why it came up as "anonymous"

 
At Tue Nov 29, 09:17:00 PM, Blogger lsheryl said...

I thought that was you!!! Yeah, I know which commercial you're talking about it. I thought about that while I was there too. I wonder where that square in the commercial is...

 
At Tue Nov 29, 11:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there you go again...thinking alike!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home